Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Conference Time!

General Conference was amazing! I practiced sketching the speakers heads with varying results of success, and ironically it helped me focus on the core theme and points of the talk, rather than writing every other amazing line that the speaker spoke. There is a good chance that I'll be coming home before the next general conference, which would be funny, and awesome at the same time. I would have only had 3 conferences on the mission, and that means that this will have been the last one.  I feel that coming home early will help me be a little more prepared to get ready for BYU, get a job, and spend time with the family & friends. I'm pretty excited, but it means that I'm going to make these last few months the most dedicated, and hard working of my entire mission. :)

I know that Joshua is way excited for his 13th birthday coming up, that should be a great time for him to celebrate. He always makes it a big bash.

It's crazy to hear that all of my best buds are coming off their missions already (Jordan, Andrew), and It just underlines the fact that my own time is limited.

I hope Leah has enjoyed her experience at BYU-I and I know that she'll absolutely love BYU-Provo. I know that BYU-I is great, but I know that Provo rocks! :)

I've been writing a whole lot more people recently, and the trend will continue for the next few months that I'm here. So if you want to write me, you'll definitely get a reply back!

I loved President Uchtdorf’s talks in Priesthood, and Sunday Morning. They were fantastic. He's a very awesomely spiritual man. Definitely one of my favorite speakers.

Things here in Dixon have been a little slow, but this week has a lot of promise with a few part-member families, and several member referrals! So I'm pumped to see what blessings the Lord has in store for me this week.

I want to thank the people that have sent me letters so far, it's a great blessing to hear from you all. I hope that the Lord will bless you and watch over you.

I know that my Redeemer lives, I know that He died for me, and that because of His love that we have a living prophet to speak His word to us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the words of Christ. I know that if we live according to it's precepts we'll come closer to God for it, I know that we have a bright future ahead of us, and that even though these last days may be terrible, they are and will continue to be great as well. I know that the words we have heard this past weekend are inspired words for each of us, and I challenge each and every one of you who reads this to read and ponder over their words, and set some goals on how you can improve in your goal to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He loves us, and will bless us in our endeavors.

Your missionary,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.