Thursday, January 13, 2011

The New Year Progresses

<<Editors Note: Some Pictures From A Recent Zone Conference – these are thanks to Sis. Bunker (Elder Mackelprang’s Mission Mom)>>

ZoneConfJan10-2010-DSC_0146 Elder Mackelprang
ZoneConfJan10-2010-1-DSC_0146 Elder Mackelprang’s Zone.
ZoneConfJan10-2010-2-DSC_0146 Rohnert Park District.

Hello Y'all!

This week has been a great improvement to last weeks misadventures. :) I can definitely see the Lord's hand in the work more from last week where we pressed on, and did our best to keep things moving. From the various missionary meetings we've had, I've learned a lot of new things. They're experimenting something new now with our mission. They've given us a new set of Mormon.org cards and have authorized ALL the missionaries to go onto Mormon.org and become familiar with it so that we can talk to people on the street about it, and invite them to go check it out. I think that it's a great idea to help people realize that we're not just some small non-Christian cult like Anti-Mormon people claim. We're a world-wide Christian church that promotes Christian values and way of life. Sure all of us have our short-comings and pitfalls, but that is our journey. To overcome, and grow from our weaknesses, and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.

Yesterday, I was teaching the Gospel Principles lesson, and we talked about how God has planned out our lives in a way where we still have our choice, but we can learn from each of those experiences and become more like Him, and His Son. I reflected, and I felt a confirmation by the Spirit, of God's love for me, and all of the many wonderful friends, neighbors, and teachers that I have had, they were all part of the blessings and plan that He has given me. I haven't been perfect. Not by a long shot, but I know that I can move forward knowing that I'm a child of God, and that He loves me, and that I'm helping Him with His work. To share this knowledge of  His love with my Brothers and Sisters here in California. People may hate me for it, they may scream at me, and say unkind words, maybe even want to hurt me. But I know that if they knew what I know, their lives would change. I love this work, and I'm grateful to be a missionary.

I'm sorry that there's so little this week, but I promise there'll be more this next week. I hope you are all well, I love y'all! Have fun out there!

Elder Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.