Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall has Fallen

Alrighty, well this week has been really cool, and at other times seems exactly the same as the rest of the other weeks, but I guess that's just the complexity of perceiving time here at the MTC. I also want to bear my testimony on how powerful and wonderful sealings are, and that our kindred dead are so grateful for the work that we do for them. Lately I have felt the spirit strongest while doing sealings during P-Day.

Now to recount some of the highlights of this week...  Elder Seth Wilson is in my Zone!!! He actually lives a few doors down from me in my building! :P It's was way cool to see him again! 

I've learned all of the Grammatical information of how to use Spanish... so now I'm just working on mastering it and speaking fluently. I'm still able to help my class out a lot with their questions about Spanish which I enjoy doing a lot. 

I have gotten to take a lot of cool photos since I sent the faulty SD card home, I look forward to sending it back to you when you send me the new one. 

Well... I can't think of any other awesome highlights... Except for reading the interpretation of Lehi's dream if the Tree of Life in Spanish. That is really cool to read and understand exactly what it's saying now! I'm reading the Spanish from cover to cover while I mark scriptures in my English one from all  the scripture references that I find in Preach My Gospel, that has been a very interesting experience, especially since I'm marking my scriptures with all 12 of the markers that Bro. Wright gave me and they each have their own topics. You guys will have fun looking at the rainbow that my scriptures will be by the time I get home! ^_^  

 

Now in response to your email... I'm glad that you guys have been able to move forward with fixing up the house without your strong-arm man at home! I actually miss being able to help out every now and then.

I also cannot say how JEALOUS that I am of any of you who have had or will have the opportunity to read the next Robert Jordan Book!! ARGH! It just had to come out 3 weeks after I was gone! That's number one on my summer reading list when I get back.

It's funny to hear that you guys have gotten so much more rain since I have been gone, I guess that I'm the one who is most cursed with bringing the dry spell wherever I go.


To Joshua: I'm proud of you for preparing to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and become a Deacon next April! I know that the Lord will bless you as you strive to be a worthy priesthood holder, and that you will have the opportunity to bless many other people's lives with it. You'll definitely grow more into the man that I know and the Lord knows that you can be.


I'm sorry to hear that Bro. Davis is having heart problems, and I hope that he will be able to be ok.

Christmas-wise... I think that food and/ or money would be fine. I can't think of anything else that I would want or that I will need. So whatever you guys feel like sending is great!

It was interesting hearing about the monthly allowance; I'll have fun learning how to budget here pretty soon if that is the case.

I have no idea what we'll be doing for Thanksgiving here, but they didn't do anything for Halloween so I really don't know what to expect.

The Teaching Appointment thing changes people everything every week so I can't tell you about how our people progress, but I can tell you that we had fun teaching a native Mexican lady the first lesson in Spanish for the first time (our first time :P)! That was cool, and we actually managed pretty well, and I managed to understand the majority of what she said.

Well I gotta go love you all! I know that this church is true and I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord!


Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.