Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Missionaries Song of Truth

Richard sent this poem today.  Written by Elder Richard Mackelprang
Wandering the world travel seekers who know not for what they search
Listening to many churches that cry repentance to the Earth
Hearing – yet missing the comfort Christ’s atonement brings.
Yearns my soul to find them, and to them I will sing
the truths that burn in my heart through angelic notes that ring
and bless them to remember the perfect love of our Savior, Lord, and King.
That burning in my heart will to my feet give wings to fly
and guide me to those wand’ring people whose thirsty souls will cry -
with joy at the restored Gospel of which the Holy Ghost will testify
of the straight and narrow gate they must enter to become glorified.
Then with then begin our song anew ‘round the world to hungry souls who roam
That we may once again, hand in hand, return to our Heavenly Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.