Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Day Is Imminent

Hello everyone,

Our Thanksgiving Day will be pretty full: We have 2 devotionals (one in the morning and one in the evening) the morning one is guaranteed to be one of the Apostles or 1st Presidency! Then we have Thanksgiving _Lunch_ and then have _sack_ dinners., we're also decorating stars with our names/ missions,/ and favorite scripture. That should be fun. I want to use Moroni 7:30-32 which talks about Ministering Angels do, but it applies completely to what missionaries are doing here everyday! It was cool to see that we could literally call ourselves ministering angels. Read it, it's really cool! Speaking of Apostles we heard from Elder Oaks last night, and he gave an AMAZING talk about missionary work and things that we should remember in an uplifting way. Elder Oaks is definitely one of my favorite speakers at the moment.

My District and I were joking to each other thought that Elder Bednar or Holland would come Thanksgiving Morning and lay down the 'Hammer of Humilty' on us. I'll let you know what happens. Everything is still awesome here even if things have lost their magical feel.  It's definitely a blessing to be here!

Yeah I've already heard about Kayla's decision and I'm way excited for her!

You're still crazy Dad,  you are still a jokester. My District has actually given me the nickname of 'Mackelprankster' I'm not one to pull pranks, but I've been pushed to do so with some of your gifts in the package I'll give you more stories about that later. 

I laughed when Mom sent me that DearElder on Sunday saying that she needed to get it translated. You'll catch up eventually Mom!

I also think that it's funny that it's still been way wet out there, I guess it's true that I brought the sunshine with me. I'll see what I can do about mailing everyone, but I'm steadily running out of stamps, but I would happily write anyone back once I'm able to get some more... I just have to figure out whether to ask you guys at home to send me some forever stamps that I cannot purchase here or to just get the regular stamps at the Bookstore. I can only buy 20 at a time... yeah. Hopefully I can answer any questions that friends and family have through these weekly emails.

By the way Thank you to Aunt Marsha for the pictures of Chaz and Taylum! They are really  so adorable! It'll be weird to see them more grown up when I get back! 

Oh and Dad... *sigh* you depress me sometimes when you keep talking about the Robert Jordan series!! ARGH! I waited for that book! Alright... I can wait.

Anyways, now your questions...

Do your socks stick to the brick walls of your bedroom?  I think I asked you this before, but I don't remember ever getting an answer.

1. I haven't checked yet

Did Seth Wilson ship out to the Dominican Republic (DR)?  I saw a note on his blog that implied that he was leaving last week, but I didn't understand how that would be possible, unless there is an MTC in the DR.  Do you know anything about that?

2. Elder Seth Wilson left this morning actually, it'll be funny. His first day in the DR MTC will be Thanksgiving.

Did you get your package?  I hope so.  Have you had a chance to scare anybody with your cockroach yet?  Stories, Elder, we want stories...  The tracking info from the post office is whacked.  It says your package was delivered on Nov. 18 in Aurora CO (at 2:19pm).  I'm pretty sure you weren't in CO, right :-)  Or maybe Leah "misaddressed" your package to go to an Elder Watkins who lives in that part of CO...

3. I loved my package! I received a package from Kayla on the same day! She sent me some amazing homemade treats, and you guys gave me toys to pull pranks on people. Needless to say, I've been enjoying myself after 9PM back at the dorms. I have 2 good stories about the cockroach. I actually am not the perpetrator of these acts, but the other members of my District. The first was when the room next to mine put it underneath Elder Kinseys pillow. He slept on it for 2 nights and didn't notice it until he say the antennae sticking out from his pillow one morning. It scared him pretty good. Then the sisters went to a meeting, and so our District Leader put it underneath one of the Sister's Preach My Gospel so that it would jump at her when she moved it. She jumped because she didn't expect it to move, but she was expecting some sort of trick, so she wasn't scared so much as startled. 

Do you have your final flight itinerary yet?  Let us know the details as soon as you do.  We want to be sure we're available for you to call while you're at the airport.  Can you get a calling card at the MTC?  If not, we'll mail you one in the last paper letter we send to you at the MTC.

4. I don't get my flight itinerary until the last week, so I'll let you know the details as I get them. I'm actually going to send a letter to Cole Talbot with the members of my District that are going to the Tucson Mission so that he will have a chance to meet with the missionaries... hopefully I'll hear back from Cole and see how it turns out. 

Did you send back the memory card yet?  We're all looking forward to looking at your pictures.

5. Dad you're not going to like to hear this but it wasn't the tab that was the problem. It was the fact that you sent me HC SD cards. My camera is an ancient one, so the I sent the info about  the card that works in my letter so that you can figure out the details if you think that it's a different problem.

Leah wants to know what specific things you would have done differently to prepare for a mission, now that you're nearly through with the MTC.

6. The Common Consensus for my entire District is to read Preach My Gospel more, at least read through all the lessons once, be familiar with the principles that you will teach in those lessons, and know the scriptures to use with them. A long list, but it's probably how she can best prepare.

Do you have addresses for everybody in the family?  If you'd like I can print out addresses of your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins and mail them to you on one sheet.  Would that be useful to you?

7. addresses from everyone would be cool, but I probably wont be able to write out to everyone all the time, I think it would be cool to be able to know the addresses if I felt prompted to write someone.

You mentioned some immunizations you needed to finish a few weeks ago.  Are they done?

8. The only thing that I mentioned with immunizations is that I've got them all done! Yay!

Well that's all I can think to write about this week. Gotta Run! I know that this church is true and that God's work cannot be stopped by man, and that we will move forward until we have preached to everyone who will listen to our message! I know that this is Christ's church, and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Your son and brother,


Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.