Monday, November 15, 2010

Mid November

Hey all! This week has been super fast, which us different for when you're coming into a new area, but I guess having lots of festivities with the ward and some of your investigators makes things fly by fast! I also want to shout out to my Grandpa and Grandma's on another happy birthday! Here's a rundown on Dad's ?'s:

  1. My comp's name is Elder Coburn, he's been out one more transfer than I have, He's from Utah (go figure), and he's an awesome guy. He's a little reserved at times when we're in the apartment, but he's out-going and lively with all of the branch members out here. We get along well, sometimes it's interesting to try to adjust to a new companion, especially after one that has been almost perfectly unified with you like Elder Zufelt and I.
  2. Rohnert park is surprisingly small. We're actually _just_ outside of the Santa Rosa zone, but we're allowed over there on P-days and what-not (Christmas will be ok). We live in an apartment, we still have a car, and we do actually use bikes occasionally. The Branch out here is supposed to be one of the closest to becoming a ward! So we'll see if I can help that along!
  3. YES! All 3 baptisms worked out last Saturday, and Elder Zufelt promised to send me pictures of it, so I'll get them to you when I get them. I wasn't able to be there with them though... new mission policy. However, what's awesome is that there are 3 more of my investigators that are getting baptized in 2 weeks! It makes me feel really good to know that my time and effort in Fairfield is already bearing fruit.
  4. The weather has been rather variable lately. Some days are Cool California Sunny Days, and others are chilly, cloudy and blustery. However, you can definitely tell or feel the change in the season. It's more mental than anything I can describe

(!!!) My new address is:

166 Santa Alicia Dr. Apt# 23

Rohnert Park, CA 94928

As much as I would want to go to Aunt Marsha's for Thanksgiving and Christmas it would seem that we already have plans for Thanksgiving. However, since Transfers are the 21st of Dec I'm positive that we can plan another Christmas meal (another breakfast would be absolutely amazing!) I'll figure out the details in the next few weeks.

I'm sad to hear that Great-Grandma Gardner is approaching the veil rather quickly... I might be hoping for a lot to see her before she goes, but the Lord knows the time. Whether that be sooner or later.

Thanks grandma for those quotes! I'll need to bring some change to print them out next week.

I miss the autumn leaves in NC, there's some of it here, but not nearly as much vibrancy of color, nor as many trees. I'm looking forward to coming home to that as well as going camping and the wonderful camping food! You really miss when you can't do anything outdoorsy very often.

One of these P-days soon we'll be going to see the redwoods again! I'll have my camera, and there will be pictures!

I'll be doing a quick reply with pictures!

I love y'all! Have a great week!

Elder Mackelprang

 

Nov2010HalfMissionConference1 Half-mission conference.  Elder Mackelprang is on the far right of the photo.
Nov2010HalfMissionConference2 Elder Mackelprang along with his district.
ElderMackelprangAndElderGolden Elder Mackelprang shaking hands with Elder Golden from the 70.
DSCN0708 Elder Mackelprang’s pumpkin.
DSCN0710 Elder Zufelt’s Pumpkin.
DSCN0693 Elder Zufelt with some investigators and members from the branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.