Tuesday, November 2, 2010

P-Day! (Transfers NEXT Week)

Sorry mom, Transfers are next week. I'll know what happens next Sunday. From what I hear from my Zone Leaders, things may not be so crazy this transfer, but the next one. 2 days before Christmas.. :( that will be bad timing.

  • I was a chili judge for the trunk or treat here in Fairfield. I burnt my tongue and the roof of my mouth especially, but the chili was good, and I enjoyed mixing them up and throwing in some jalapenos!
  • As part of a stake activity there is a massive pumpkin carving at someone's house, and anybody and everybody is invited to carve pumpkins. So we went with our investigators, and carved some. I carved a Luigi pumpkin to be a companion to someone's Mario. They're lighting them up again tonight. I'll take a picture of it lit up, and send it to you guys.
  • Officially I've had 4 Spanish companions, during this year. I've been here in Fairfield for 6 months now.
  • I'm sure Dad wasn't liking the work or the extreme cold coming upon him up there in Canada.
  • It's funny how all of the parties seem to start right around Halloween and don't end until January. :P I'm enjoying being a part of more activities this Holiday season, compared to last year. I'll also enjoy leaving the mission next year before everything starts turning rainy, windy, and cold. Perfect timing.
  • You're right I would enjoy the mega-hot chili Brother Lete made. I eat habanero chilies. Ask any Spanish branch member about that. They might be impressed. I was actually one of the judges for the chili cook-off here in Fairfield. :'(  Burnt my mouth a few times... not from it being too spicy, but because they were too hot (temperature-wise). But It was a great activity. We had a lot of support from the branch too.
  • I don't remember Bunko, but if it's what I think it is that sounds like fun! I hope that we can get some fun times going on when I get home.
  • I miss being in the choir and singing. There really isn't enough of it out here... *sigh* I miss Cary 2nd Ward.
  • I have pictures of a pumpkin carving I did as an activity with my investigators. I'll send you the pictures on my technical P-Day this Thursday when I have a temple trip. (Hopefully if all goes well I can ask Aunt Marsha to take us down!)
  • That's cool that you were watching home videos. We had some funny ones. I really need to make to sure to take more pictures, or videos when I'm raising my family.

I can’t believe it’s November already!? Time is really flying.

That's crazy that Andrew (Elder Roberts) is almost done... I guess he can email me regularly and then I can start sending him little email notes on P-Days! I know who else he's going to be emailing as well! ;-)

Well I love you all, and I hope that things keep staying good at home. I know that this church is true, and I know it with all of my heart.

Be good!

Love,

Your Missionary,

Elder Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.