Saturday, July 23, 2011

50 Days Remaining...

DAD'S Email

The Beach house sounds like you had an awesome time! I'm excited to go there. Next summer will be an exciting one indeed... ;-)  I can’t believe we've been having wildfires back there in NC.  I kind of expect that in the western US but not there. That's pretty crazy!

I liked the story of Mom getting scared by the crab. Sounds like Mom. She does have the best scream ever. I guess I'm just like you on that Dad. :-)

I'm trying to be more prolific at taking pictures, but I don't carry my camera with me at all times. But I do have some pictures to send you. I sent you some pictures a few weeks ago... did you get those? I'll send some via email, but if not then I'll just bring my camera with me home. I don't want to chance another wiped card. 

We're driving all the time – no bike riding at all. I'd die if I tried to ride my bike, and if I didn't my bike would. There are lots of hills EVERYWHERE. We walk a lot, and we get in some really good exercise in the morning. I'm losing weight, so I'm happy. I'll be looking forward to running again and losing more when I get home though. I'm going to be donating my bike to one of the missionaries who are coming in this next transfer. Some family will appreciate not having to spend lots of money to buy a new one, and less trouble and hassle trying to get it home. 

The missionary work is going great! We're still doing lots of finding, but we have some really great investigators, and they are progressing quite well. 

I write a less active member that I re-activated in Rohnert Park, but the other people that I have met have all changed address, and I don't have contact info for them now. I know how sweet it is to be able to hear from those you helped, and hear their testimonies growing. I will have my best missionary friends right here with me, to the very end. ;-) We just had transfers, so it's official that I'll be here in Vallejo until I return home. I have a new Companion named Elder Pulson. I'll get a picture of him and me soon.

 

MOM'S Email

I'm looking pretty tan, so I think we'll all be looking pretty good, we'll see how long those beach tans last! ;-) I'll be out in the sun everyday! Someone mentioned to me yesterday that my hair was starting to turn blonde, so I must be getting some sun for that to start happening. So Mom, yeah, you'll probably be the only white skin in our family. Some people ask me if I'm a Latino. :-) It makes me smile.

Mom, I've come to the conclusion that you're never going to be finished with the house Smile  It just never seems to end. I think there may just always be that little something to touch up on; at least in regards to the house as a whole. But I hope that you finish and enjoy your room, because I remember all those years that you wished you could finish it, or fix it up, or have it completely clean and organized, etc. I'm sure you'll be happier to have your room taken care of.

-Hmmm.... What would I say or share to the Cary 2nd Ward Newsletter of my adventures? Well... It's really the joy of adventure. The true meaning of success. It is sometimes erroneously purported that success is an "arrival" that you become the "best" and then that's the end. From what I've learned, and what I'm learning, and understanding, success comes in the journey. For a mission, success isn't measured by the number of baptisms you have, there are plenty of diligent, hard-working, 100% obedient missionaries who don't get 1 baptism in their missions. Sometimes that one person that one soul that we bring to God is ourselves. We follow the path the Savior walked for 2 years. We share, and bear our hearts out to strangers who really are our brothers and sisters. We learn how to have Christ-like love, charity for all the we meet. We grow, because God lifts us on His shoulders, and we act as His tools, as His power to spread the truth of His Gospel to every ear, in every tongue, to every land. I know this is true. I know that I have had a successful mission, because even though I haven't been a perfect missionary, I have become more perfected as a Son of God, I have been blessed to find and share the gospel with many special and elect people, and be able to baptize some, but the success is that I myself have come closer to my Savior. I know Him, and I strive to strengthen that relationship that others have with their Savior, Jesus Christ. The Restored Gospel is true. I know that He lives, and love me. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. I love you all! I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Love your Son, and missionary,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.