Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy August!

MOM's Email

Yep. I'm starting to see the time sift through my fingers too... 5 weeks, and about 35 days left... :-P that's really crazy!

We'll definitely get the chance to go to the Spanish branch together, and it'll be fun to talk to Matthew and Andrew in Spanish. It'll be good to have people to practice with.

Good luck with school Joshua! Work hard! And have Fun!

Teaching. It's very important. I've learned a lot about it, but there's always something left for us to learn. I could definitely teach English. Or at least I'd like to think so... so we'll see what happens. Maybe I can teach at the MTC. Just know that you're testimony is heard, and since you were called to be the YW Pres. That it is helping some young lady there through whatever struggles she may have. I know that because I know how impacted I was by Eric Wells, and Bro. Wells as well. He had a very big impact on my life. I will very fondly remember those days. You're playing a very big, and important part in some youth's life. I testify of that. Follow the spirit, and one day, whether it be here or the next life, you'll see just how much you did for those girls. 

DAD's Email

Congratulations to Brittany on her new job! NYC, huh? That sounds like a great trip. I'm glad that you got to see Aunt Diana and Uncle Mike, and Brittany. I'm sure that you had fun looking at her trip pictures. I don't think I have as many. It's just difficult for me to find the right moment / inspiration to take some. I'll make sure to take some pictures today. 

I didn't go to cafe Rio very often when I was going to BYU. I was stuck on foot. I didn't have any people with whom to go to Cafe Rio, nor the money to spend there either. That may change since I may be more of an explorer when I get home.

Joshua's awesome. :-) I know he's way excited to see me, and to play with me, etc. I'm excited to see him too. We're going to have lots of fun. Thanks for your love and support Josh!

  1. My companion's name is Elder Polson. He's from Colorado, just south of Denver. Somewhere near Castle Rock.  He's shorter, and quite the fireball of energy. He can be socially awkward sometimes, but he has a great heart, and he loves the people. He struggles with a short attention span as well. He's a great companion and he tries to help out in every way he can, so it's good, but we're different. It's difficult to explain, but I'll leave it at that. We get along, and work well together, but we're very different. Pictures will be forth-coming soon.
  2. I will be getting to see the Taylor clan one last time, probably in 2 weeks, they really want to take my companion and me out for dinner. It will be very nice to spend some time with them before I come home.
  3. I still haven't gotten my Flight info yet, but I imagine that I will very soon. I appreciate your copy of the info. I imagine that I'll be getting the info sometime this week.

Well family mine. There's about 35 days left... So I'll see you REALLY soon! I'm working hard and I'm feeling great! So I'll see you! Be well, and stay safe!

Your missionary,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.