Monday, October 26, 2009

Elder Mackelprang Has A Visitor

(From Richard’s Dad)

Brittany (Richard’s cousin) worked at the MTC and had a chance to visit Richard for a moment today.  She sent an email and a couple of pictures (included here) for you all…

Hi guys!

I stopped by to visit my old roommate who worked with me at the MTC and some old co-workers today. I got to see Richard, or should I say, Elder Mackelprang, for a few minutes. He is doing so well! He just glows. My friend, stopped by his classroom on Friday to find out what his schedule would be like for today so I could plan my visit accordingly, and she called me and said that he was just sitting in his room and diligently studying. She was really impressed with how dedicated he was. I can honestly say that I had the same impression as I visited him today. He is really excited about being a missionary! He said that the Spanish is coming fairly easily for him- mostly because he has already taken so much Spanish. They were considering moving him into an intermediate Spanish district after his second week here, but by that time it was too late to change everything.

He is learning so much about the scriptures and shared some of his great insight with me. What an example for all of us!! He said that he has been able to do lots of teaching in the Referral Center and has had quite a bit of success there. The Referral Center is such an amazing place.

He was about to leave to go to a "Teaching Appointment" when I arrived. That is where there is a teacher who role plays as an investigator and the missionaries practice teaching according to the needs of their investigators. I didn't have a lot of time with him because of that.

From what I can tell, he is doing extremely well. He is actually excited about the snow storm that we are expecting tomorrow (I, on the other hand, am not). It was really fun to see my "baby cousin" as a missionary. He is going to be incredible. You should be proud of him. His testimony shines through his eyes!!!

I have attached a few pictures. Forgive the quality- I only had my blackberry.

I hope that you are all doing well.

:) Britt

Here are the pictures:

image Britt, Elder Mackelprang, Elder Bingham, Elder Zufelt
image Elder Mackelprang, Elder Bingham, Elder Zufelt
image Britt & Elder Mackelprang

Thank you for the note and pictures, Brittany!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.