Sunday, December 6, 2009

Packing PDay – Leaving the MTC

Saturday (Dec 5th) was Richard’s final MTC Preparation Day.  Here are the emails he sent us yesterday:

Email #1:

¡Hola mi familia! ¿Comó están Ustedes? Estoy bien, y ¡Tengo ánimo por mi vuelto en Lunes!

Typing in Spanish takes too much time... so I´ll just continue on in English…

Dad, I´m really bummed out that you already finished the book after I told you that I would finish the next one before you did. T.T I didn't get a chance to compete...

I'm glad that everyone is well, and hopefully you've arranged for the family to be home on Monday for a 1/2 day of school.

Well I can't think of much else to say that I haven't said since Wednesday, except that I finally used the debit card at the Bookstore to buy another shirt to replace one of my ruined ones, some extra white socks, and some earmuffs. It was pretty pricey $30 after all was said and done... I'll have to make sure that that was worth it.

Oh! Aunt Diana will be happy to know that I finally had the opportunity to use her sewing kit. Not for any clothes, but for my wallet. I'll take a picture of it to send back so you can see my amazing sewing skills. Well hopefully I'll get a chance to answer your questions today.

I love you all! I know this church is true and that we are all called to do God's work here on this Earth! Talk with those you meet and don't be afraid to open your mouth and share what you know! Make the missionaries job easier and find people to refer them to. The work will not progress quickly enough until missionaries and members work together, and the members work on the finding, and the missionaries work on the teaching. Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, and I know that he translated the golden plates into the Book of Mormon through the power of God, and that the Book of Mormon is the true word of God, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Your Elder, son, and brother, Elder Richard Mackelprang

Email #2:

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to talk much today. This is a weird P-day. I'm glad to hear that Leah got to sing with the Cary High Choir in Downtown Cary and at the Moravian Church, and that they did well. To answer her question, yes I did sing at the Moravian church, it was pretty cool.

There are couple of things that I could use if you could send them to me sometime soon.

  1. My line of authority 
  2. A miniature laminated copy of my patriarchal blessing.

I know that these may take awhile to send to me, but it would be nice to have. Well anyways, I don't have much time... but I only ruined one shirt, it got stained pretty bad, and wont bleach out. Yeah, so I gotta go. I hope you guys are having a good day, and a good week.


Your Elder, son, and brother,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.