Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another P-Day!

IMG_2261 Elder Zufelt & Elder Mackelprang showing up for President interviews at the chapel.

11 months. Already!? Next month will be a year... it's gone by really super fast. My last Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas in the mission... weird indeed.  So yeah. I'm going to talk Elder Zufelt into going and finding some good picture taking spots so that I can send you guys some fun / cool pictures.

I did get the Cd's from the distribution center, it was the day that you sent me the copy of the receipt. It was pretty fast! Ana is loving the Cd's and is also trying to learn to read on her own as well. She's an awesome investigator.

Other than the picture above, I don't think there are any others. That was taken at President Interviews. Which were nice and interesting. He definitely supported my weight loss program idea, and he's going to follow up with me on how I'm doing, etc. I should be nice to have a little extra support from out here to help me. I don't believe there are any other pictures at this moment. See above about more pictures.

The only really cool thing that I can think of is that we had tons of investigators at church, and also a good amount of less actives as well! It really filled my heart to see them there, and happy with us. I did hear a cool experience from a sister missionary that came late to the intro to the mission at President's house that first night. She told me and Elder Zufelt that we stood out from among the other missionaries through our humility and respect for our calling, and she said that we glowed or radiated with it. It's always cool to hear how other people see/ are influenced by our examples especially when we are just being ourselves. I'll pay more attention to see what else would be a cool sharing experience for next week. Oh! This would make you smile Dad. We have an investigator and his friend (will be an investigator soon! ;-) who are going to seminary! (Ana's son Gonzalo and his friend Feernando) Yep! They're ready and willing to make a change in their lives and are going to seminary! They're even learning about the Doctrine and Covenants! how cool is that!? Gonzalo wants to be baptized soon, and we hope to follow suit with his friend.

It is weird that Lars is going home right about now, but it makes sense since he left right as I went to BYU. So we'll see what happens. Hopefully, I can get his new email address and figure out how to keep in touch with him since I flopped on sending him any letters :-S I'd like to go visit Germany one day.

The shirts are: Galleria, 65% cotton 35% poly, neck size 19, half sleeves, BIG. I'd like 3 short sleeves and 1 long sleeve if that's possible, maybe an extra one if it's within Grandma and Grandpa's budget. Thanks a lot!! Shoe sizes? I didn't get those down... for Sunday shoes or regular running shoes? I'd probably just go shopping for shoes myself since I want to make sure it's a good fit before I buy shoes. I'll let you know when I plan to go shopping for some.

We'll probably watch conference at a chapel somewhere, but I have watched from a members house before. So it will just depend I guess. I definitely enjoy conference as well. It's funny how they mark each of my 6 month marks in the mission.

I definitely enjoyed your scripture (see below), I hope to live up to that everyday.

13 Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the poor and the meek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be looking forth for the time of my coming, for it is nigh at hand—

I love y'all and I hope things continue to be good and move forward! I know that this church is true! and that Christ lives!

Your missionary,

Elder Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.