Tuesday, September 28, 2010

P-DAY again!

Hello!

Well, I'm still here in Fairfield, so there's no new address to worry about for another 6 weeks.

Use the shirt measurements that I sent you a few weeks back, not the shirt measurements from the Missionary Mall forward. It should be in the email from 2 weeks ago. The  measurements for the shoes is right on! So don't worry about that. It's been pretty hot out here too, and it will remain that way until the end of this week! :( I'm really thankful that I have a car! I'm glad that I'm still here for transfers, but were running into some obstacles with our investigators... *sigh* the two families are super solid, but Satan like always wants to break them down and stop them from coming to church and from listening to us. So we're still working with them, but we should have Ana and her family baptized on Oct 17th due to conference and stake meetings. I'm really excited for general conference, and the messages we'll receive! I'll probably be listening to it from the chapel here, but I'll still look to see if there's a member that wouldn't mind us coming over. It'll be weird knowing that it officially marks me as half done though... I'm glad that you guys had fun camping, I remember some really fun times that we had camping, like when we had an Everackelson trip to a relative of the Everett's cabin. That would be a cool spot to go to again.  

Yep, there's too many places to go to, and to see when I come home. I've been thinking about coming home a month or two early to see if I could prepare myself for going back to BYU, getting a part-time job, and going to Wake Tech for a couple of computer classes, or something... I'm still thinking about it, and if it'd be worth it to leave early or stay until next October. It'd be funny if I got transferred over to Santa Rosa again next transfer just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas! ;-) We'll see though. I don't imagine that I'd still be here after this next transfer. (next transfer will be Nov 9th)

I'm still here with Elder Z, and I've got a few new pictures, but I didn't bring my camera, so I may have to send the pictures later... I should get a few new ones today too.

Here's a cute little story about yesterday. The members  were asking who was going and staying, especially the kids of the ward mission leaders family. Since nothing was happening we decided to play a joke on the kids and say that Elder Z was leaving, but I was the one who was going to tell them. So I go up and tell them that one of the Elders is leaving. One the girls (a family of 4 girls) in particular, named Kimberly (8 years old), Stood frozen, and ever so slowly turned towards me with a really sad, heart-broken face and asked me if I was leaving, and I told her no and she was totally relieved. I told her about Elder Z, and she didn't really care. I guess there are some people here who are really attached to me! :P That was a cute little moment.

Well the works progressing well, and I'm glad everything's great on the home front. Keep up the good work, and enjoy your new fall weather. I'm not excited for all of the rain and wind that shall be falling my way shortly. But, it's only for a few months, then I'll be home free after next March. I'll probably send a package with my raincoats / jackets around that time next year. :) so I have less stuff to worry about packing. I love you guys! Have a great week!

Your missionary,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.