Tuesday, September 14, 2010

P-Day!!! Sept. 6 2010

Hello Y'all!

^^ This has been a good week albeit a really fast one! I don't have any new pictures for this email, but I promise I'll have more next week. :P I kinda feel bad because I feel like I have writers block right now... hmm....

Well things have been great here. Busy and going well! I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with a greeny named Elder Bacon ;-) I thought that was a funny name, but he's a great Elder. Diligent, and hardworking.  I do hope I get a chance to train someone... but we'll see if that's what the Lord has in store for me. It's great to get some quality pictures of you guys. I printed the black and white one, but Leah go cropped off... :(  Maybe you guys can send a copy of those pictures with the package in a week or two. Technically, I am the senior companion between me and Elder Zufelt, but it gets weird when you have the same amount of time in the mission, since they never specify whether you are the senior companion or not. So it's laid back between us, on what we do, and how we do it. I usually have to come up with the ideas of things to do since he's still adjusting to everything here, but he's learning fast and we work well as a team.

I spent a chunk of money on the debit card on the 31st because there was a clearance sale on all of the clothes in JC Penny's. So I got 2 shirts and 4 *quality* ties for about ~$50. I got the shirts a little small since I'm working on bringing my weight down again, but I would absolutely LOVE some new shirts from Mr. Mac if Grandpa and Grandma could stop by there on their way up to Salt Lake. I don't have the measurements with me at the moment, but if you remind me in my email next week, I'll have it in my planner.

I think it's great that Leah's finally thinking about going to BYU. (Even though I've mentioned to her a few times before I left that it would be a great idea!) I'm sure that she'll have fun planning it out, and figuring out what she wants to do. There's a lot of ways to choose from, and this is where the road starts to split in many different directions. I think the best advice is to figure out where you want to be in 5, or 10 years, and think about how each choice would affect that. Then you could also look at the more immediate aspects of friends and family in the vicinity, and whatever other attributes that are important to you.

Sis Bunker is sick right now, and has started treatment. From what we've heard she is recovering. We also hope and pray for her, and that this will be a quick healing process.

I've gotten several comments from people talking and asking me if I'm worried about all of these hurricanes coming so close to North Carolina and I just laugh. I know that the worst we get is a small downpour, and some strong winds, but nothing serious. So it was funnier when Mom told me that you guys didn't even really get any rain. :)  I don't worry about it.

I'm excited for Jenna, and that she's enjoying her extra-curricular activities. I'm sure she's loving it and will find high school more bearable with good friends and things to do besides the school work. You'll have to keep me updated with how she likes drama, and the club. I'm sure she'll do very well, and will have a lot of fun there. Keep up the good work Jenna!

Yep. We're still working with our investigators, and we are hoping to baptize Ana and the rest of her family on the 25th of this month! There'll be plenty of pictures if we manage to help them all be ready by that time. I really love that family.

Sorry that I can't share a whole lot about what's going on out here in the field, because I'm out of time. Know that I'm loving it, that I know this church is Christ's church. It is the one the He Himself established. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that it is a guide for us in our lives in our search for happiness. Thanks for your prayers and your support!

Your missionary,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

:( It's been awhile since I've gotten any letters... will someone write me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.