Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Season Has Begun!

We got two emails from Elder Mackelprang this week:


Hey Mom!

:) This week has been awesome! and to make you guys happier this week I have some surprise pictures! I wish I could send some of these as Christmas cards, but alas I have no extra money whatsoever :P. It really is tough to live off just a missionary budget. I'm really looking forward to watching movies, (and maybe some games) on the projector in the theater room!! That should be fun. I'm glad that you're feeling better. It's officially been a year since I've come out to California! Weird!! :S 10 months to go, you can count them on your hands!

Enjoy!! Have a fantastic Christmas! (Let me know about what traditions/ activities you guys are doing for Christmas!)

Love your son,

Richard


Hello All!

This week has continued to be slow, but it's slowly but surely improving. Hopefully, we can continue that trend through Christmas, but we'll see how it goes. This next week should be full and productive, but next week is FULL of stuff to do with the all-mission conference (1st one since I've been here) temple trip, and several baptisms on the weekend. It will be nice to have so many highlights before transfers that week.

I'm missing the snow, but I'm sure I'll get more than my fill when I go back to BYU during the winter semester, and it's crazy to see how much Josh has grown... :P 10 more months we'll see who's the stronger one right Josh?

We've helped several members move, and had a Christmas party this past Saturday! That was fun, we had 6 piñatas and LOTS of tamales. :) I was very happy. I did get a chance to swing at the piñatas, but the blindfold was too good this time. ;) I didn't break it.

The picture with the Santa clause is kind of funny because, we didn't realize until we tried getting our picture with him that he was drunk, _way_ drunk. He was still coherent, but it was also messing with his head a little bit. He was a nice guy being a Santa in front of his own house, so I give him props. 

Umm... I'm working on singing another song in sacrament meeting, but this time it'll be in Spanish, and it'll be a duet with one of the Spanish members. It should be fun! I hope that I also get a chance to be apart of the ward choir, even if we only sing one song.

The church is true! (by the way, Dad, for Gospel Studies each morning, we usually study something from Preach My Gospel)

I love you all and I'm glad things are going great back home!

Love,

Your missionary,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

DSCN0739

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.