Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another P-Day Past and Gone

Hello All!

This week has actually flown by, as it tends to do nowadays. :P It just means that the end is going to hit me like a punch to the face. It'll be painful to leave this place, and these people, but I know that I'll see these blessed brothers and sisters again. I still have have time yet, so no need to get overly anxious about the end, but it's weird to think that my 6 month count-down begins really soon... Ok anyways. Stuff that happened this week. A couple of things did actually.

We've been having a lot of success with the less actives and helping them come back to church and keep going strong. It's been a blessing to see the change in them to see the light in their eyes from faith and hope, a complete and utter change from what they were before. The gospel, and the atonement really do work miracles, and I have begun to come closer to my Father in Heaven than I ever have before. It's amazing how much your prayers change when you can feel yourself putting your heart before your father in expressing the hopes, dreams, and desires of your soul. I have changed. I have grown. I still have a lot of work to do before I'm done, but I know path that I follow. I know in whom I have trusted. I know my Father. I know that He loves us with a immense, and also intense love. To the point that He looks out for our best interests even if we can't understand the why's of our pains, sorrows, and trials. He is always there to lift our burden if we come to Him.  Thanks Dad for the pants. They are greatly appreciated.  I look forward  to presents and packages you mentioned, and I'm excited to chow down on the present from Marsha! She cooked me 2 fresh loaves bread. It's been almost 2 years since I've had fresh homemade bread... *mouth waters* I'll make it last, don't worry. One loaf per week.

It's so weird that Jordan and Andrew, and the others are ending their missions so soon too.... :-S wow... it seems like yesterday that we had all just gone out... that we got our endowments together... time. is. weird.

Dad, that sounds really cool about the IBM robot <<Note from the editor – I sent Elder Mackelprang an article about the IBM Watson computer program that beat Ken Jennings in Jeopardy>> ... hmmm.... Did it have internet access? How did it write the final jeopardy? That just sounds awesome! I'm so excited to see what happens with the oncoming years how the future begins to change and take form.

Thanks for the spiritual thought as well -- this message seems to be a common one recently. Be of good cheer. If you have a few minutes you should read the letter by my mission president. His words and the talks that he refers to are great examples of how we can apply being of good cheer to our daily lives. 

Speaking of all the weird and crazy things that have happened, It won't be long until I'm 21! That's the weirdest thing of all... I have almost no memories of being 20 y.o. It's like that year of my life didn't exist... I'll just go along with everyone and claim I'm 21. :P

I feel that this is appropriate to share, it is one of the most spiritual things that have happened to me on my mission, and it does apply to something said to me in my patriarchal blessing. I think that I said something about Absalom last week, but I could be wrong. But I do feel that he is one of the people that I was sent here to help. He has had many amazing life experiences and done amazing things for the church, but for something that he can't explain (or someone that he can't forgive) he fell off the right path, and has been down a miserable road. He readily admits it, but somehow doesn't think that he can change. These past few lessons with him have been the most spiritual and bold lessons I've ever taught. The most guided that I've felt, and the most personal. I've cried from being so overcome with the spirit there, from how strongly I felt the spirit guiding and testifying to me, yet, he still hasn't changed. I was even prompted to share with him my struggles to get out on a mission, and the promise of my blessing that I would be sent here to find specific people, and again I was prompted to tell him specifically that I knew that he was one of those people that God wanted me to help. My heart is torn and cries for this man. I have that charity for him, and I know that I need that love that Christ-like charity for all of these people to effectively be who God desires me to be, yet that still is a struggle. I hesitate putting my heart on the table before I know the people I'm teaching. I fear that my heart will be torn apart and depreciated. I know that I'll always have the love of my sweetheart Kayla, and all of my family, but I that fear of rejection is something that I still need to overcome. It's one of the few things that hold me back from reaching my full potential. I know that I can do all things, and I know that my Lord and my God is with me. Just as I know that He walks beside each and every one of you. Go forth with faith, and put your heart and trust in God, and He will work mighty miracles in your life. That is my promise as a Personal Representative of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I promise that in the name of Jesus Christ.

I love you, and I pray that God watches over you, and keeps you safe. May you find happiness and peace in your lives as you live the gospel of Christ which gives us light.

Your missionary in California,

Elder Richard Mackelprang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that this is a moderated blog - Elder Mackelprang neither reads or (directly) writes to this blog. This is done by his father.